DON’T FORGET ABOUT US!
From Anya in Kyiv: Our greatest fear right now is that the world will forget about Ukraine!
First hours, first days, first week everyone was talking about this shocking war. People would go to bed, wake up in the morning with news about Ukraine. Are we still standing!!! Is Kyiv still standing!! This WAR is STILL SHOCKING! It is still wrong on every level and from every side. People die, get hurt, run, are still in shelters, are still fear for their lives. I understand that life goes on, life is full of events and burdens for many.
But we need the world! We need the Church!
We need all prayers! Because we STILL NEED A MIRACLE !
I am grateful for all the churches that lifted us in prayers yesterday, I am grateful for all the Christians that continue to stand for us and with us.
Thank you for gathering and praying for us! Thank you for fasting for us! Thank you for sending your help to Ukraine!! We see everyone and
- Yesterday our team rescued 45 people from a very hot place.
- Yesterday our team delivered 48 food boxes.
- Yesterday our team delivered 400 meals.
- Yesterday our team went to Church that had their service in the underground shelter.
- Yesterday one of our team mates had to have a surgery, everything went well.
- Today they are taking meds to the hospitals,
- Today they are taking food to the needy and getting ready for a lock down.
- There is a lot of action happening around Kyiv!
- Everyone is preparing for another wave of attack: the increase of troops from the Belarus side, and around Kyiv specifically.
- Please Pray!! Stand with us! Don’t leave us! It’s a cry of our heart
A word from Yulia – Day 26:
“Let me tell you a story, son…”
Today we went to deliver food and were close to the neighborhood that was bombed. This picture I saw when we drove closer to the building
A father taking his son on a walk and telling him a story about a rocket that made people sad. No anger. No hate. Just a story.
That’s how his voice sounded. Many people now need to tell such stories to their kids explaining new reality.
I don’t know how to end this post, because it seams no words can be suitable, but I believe that God has just the right kind of words every heart needs.
- Today we fed 300 people
Can we join Anya and Yulia in their calls to prayer?
They are not getting weary in well doing and we should not get weary in our Prayers.
It’s making a difference.
Al Akimoff and Slavic Ministries Team